Sarah Adelaide Hewitt
– Rhode Island School of Design (Providence, RI) 2004 – 2009, BFA in painting.
– Pratt Institute (Brooklyn, NY) 5-week intensive summer Program in Fashion Design. 2004
– National Outdoor Leadership School: India backpacking June 2004
– Maine Photographic Workshops: Black and white work-study course, summer 2006
– SOLO School – Wilderness First Responder course 2012
– Yestermorrow School: Permaculture Design Certificate Program, 2012
– Turtle Lake Refuge: Raw and Wild food Chef Certification, 2013
– Career Development Center: Fundamentals for Early Childhood Professionals: 2015
–Vermont Center For Integrated Herbalism: Family and Friends Clinical Herbalist Certification. 2016 – Sadhana Yoga School: 200 hr. RYT In Hatha and Vinyasa Flow. India 2017
Spruce Mountain Inn: I am a mentor/art therapist for teens and young adults in a residential treatment center. I lead expressive arts therapy, movement classes, or nature and spirit groups. Other times I am there to distribute medications, run group check-ins, and keep all running smoothly. 2016-2017
Montessori School of Central VT: Pre-school teacher and summer camp leader. Job entailed planning and leading lessons for the “work”, supervising play, and always facilitating learning through example. Age of children ranged from two to twelve. 2015-2017
Middlebury Studio School: Art school in Middlebury VT. Working with young children to teach the joy and skills needed to make awesome fine art pieces. Teaching a class in clay, painting and drawing, as well as Wild nature crafts! 2014-1016
New Leaf Montessori: Preschool in Salisbury VT. Teacher for 2-5 yr. olds for school year 2014-2015
Childrens’ House: Montessori preschool teacher in Durango Colorado. School year 2013-2014
Turtle Lake Refuge: I work once every week in a trade for food. I prepare and harvest the raw food we grow. I also help to serve the lunches. Also I am participating in a Raw and Wild food chef certification course. Durango, CO. 2012-2015
Cocktails and Creations: I worked teaching painting classes as well as bartending and hosting. I also did sales and Promo work for this business on Main St. Durango CO. 2012-2014
Paradise Ranch: A wrangler leading horse trips through the wilderness. I am also working as a barkeep at the ranch saloon at night. Summer 2012
Taos Waldorf School: Summer of 2011 I was the art teacher and farm and garden instructor for children ages 5-13. This was an all day, five week program. I came up with the lesson plans and took care of supplies.
Raw Fusion Restaurant: Off and on I have worked making and serving raw food at this small restaurant in Taos. When I work I run the whole shop, from making to sales, to serving. I have worked here since January 2010.
Ink Well Production: March 2010-July .Production Assistant for a small Indie film in Santa Fe. The producers are also founders of The Sculpture Ranch. I am worked with everyone from the costume designer to the carpenter.
Film Assistantship: October 2009-march 2010. Jules Works production in Santa Fe. Assistant editing and resolving short films.
Rio Grande Stables: summer 2010 and 2011. I was a lead guide on horseback into the Sangre de Cristo Mountains. Some trips would be all day to Wheeler peak where I would prepare the picnic lunch and safely lead a group of 3 people.
Morning Star Farm: For the season of 2010 I helped at least one full day per week and joined the crew for a delightful mid-day lunch. I helped with all aspects of the farm; planting, plucking, pulling, washing, thinning, and preparing to eat.
Stray Dog Cantina: I worked as a server for this restaurant for a month in winter 2010, before leaving for Christmas break. It worked well but business was too slow there to continue through winter.
Earthship Biotecture Intern: For one month in May of 2010 I worked on the crew building an earthsip on the mesa here in Taos. I learned a lot about the systems in these off the grid houses, as well as the manual construction of them.
Ann Lawrence Collection: . Seamstress and hand sewer. I work on antiques and vintage items to re-purpose and restore ancient items that otherwise would deteriorate. 2009-2011
Painting Teacher: Summer 2009. Long Lake Camp for the Arts. I also was a bunk counselor.
The Farm: 2009 natural building apprenticeship in Tennessee. Three months of building, farming, and cooking for the community. We completed a Shout House (solar shower and composting outhouse in one!).
Apprentice Teacher: In the summer of 2007 I lived and worked at the Putney School Summer Art Programs in Southern VT. Here I was an apprentice teacher in ceramics and also supervised students in a dorm. This was a program was for high school students serious about art.
Barista: Worked through the fall of 2007 at Muddy Waters in Burlington. I made food, juice, smoothies, and expresso coffee drinks.
**Reference Phone numbers are available for all work upon request.
– Wild Mountain Spirit Retreat: Was the chef for a group of dancers and yoga performers on retreat in the wild. I prepared 3 meals/ day for 20 people. Food was all local, fresh, organic and prepared in a camp setting. Ridgeway, CO, 2014
– Durango Nature Studies: Lead Naturalist. I led school classes on walks to play in and engage with nature for the sake of learning and absorbing a passion for the outdoors. Durango, CO
– I volunteered at the Seco Pearl Tea House for one year, I helped to run workshops for the community, gather herbs for teas, and prepare food and hot herbal drinks. 2010-2012
– Special Olympics: Volunteer for events. 2005-2008.
– Member of the Earth Day 2003 Committee. Plan and organize events to raise the environmental awareness of Vermonters.
– April of 2008 Art camp assistant. Co-taught with an artist at the Shelburne Craft School for several weeks.
-I volunteered at the local Art On Main gallery. I ran the register and helped with setting up artists work. My work is also shown at this gallery.